top of page
To score as many points as possible by placing the Toppletubes in connected words.
- Two sets of ToppleTubes (48) lettered as following on the blue end of the ToppleTubes--number before the letter indicates how many ToppleTubes should have that number, and all letters are worth one (1) point unless otherwise noted:
4 x A
1 X B
1 J 3 points
1 Qu 5 points
1 V 3 points
1 X 3 points
2 Z 4 points
-Mise en place:
- Place all ToppleTubes with the letters down in the middle of the playing area.
- Place six poly spots around and as far from the ToppleTubes as works for this game--the further away the more running players do.
- Divide the players into four teams of four players.
- Each team lines up behind a different poly spot.
- On the signal to begin the first players on each team run to pick up a Toppletube and return it to their team. Once the players have returned the next set of players run to pick up a Toppletube.
- Players at their start line begin to assemble connected words with their Toppletubes.
- Once all the Toppletubes have been picked up teams have a set amount of time (one minute) to put together as many connected words as possible.
- Once the time is up teams count up their points (all letters used in words) minus the letters they did not use.
- Team with the most points is the winner.
-Questions et notes:
- Use plastic cups with letters on the bottom.
- Set a limit of 10 tubes (for four teams) which allows teams to return a letter they do not want and pick up a new one.
- Questions for Understanding:
- What is the best way to use the team's skills in creating words?
- How does it feel when your suggested word is accepted? Rejected?
- How can each player contribute best to team success?
- How do you think each player felt about their contribution to their team's effort?
- Have all players select a small document and count up the numer of times each letter used. Then they can discuss if the number of letters used in this game, and the points awarded to each letter, corresponds well with the distributions they found.
bottom of page